Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Is this thing on?

There is an ancient Confucian proverb: With Internet Comes Good Fortune.

Since we were reconnected with the wonderful inter web, marvelous things have been in the making.

Somehow in the last 24 hours an exotic trip to Fiji has materialized, as has a venue for our wedding.

Some other big updates:
  • I'm employed by Atlas
  • From Fiji, I am going directly to Seattle for 6 weeks of training
  • Working on quick trips up to BC, down to Portland, and over to NY
  • I return to SYD, and 2 weeks later leave for Japan, China, India, and Singapore
  • Our flat has been fixed, painted, and fully decorated
  • We are having a housewarming party 2 days before I leave :-(
  • Rupal and I are going to have to be apart again :-( :-(
I will take photos of our apartment, in all of it's glory, in the next several days. Promise.

Some small updates:
  • Sydney has ridiculous seafood which we eat every day
  • A case of beer is $50 but custom framing is ridiculously cheap
  • We just carried a huge TV down the block and up the stairs, and it doesn't work
  • We have purple and blue furniture in our living room
  • 2 cats visit our flat when we leave the balcony open, and we feed them milk
  • When I put Turkish bread in our sandwich press I remember why Turkey is so important and great
-DRJ

3 comments:

jayqclone said...

Honestly, I hadn't looked at your blog until today. But that shit is funny as hell. I'm picturing you taking pictures of all this shit after you hauled it all up the stairs so you could put it on your blog. It's pretty priceless.

Sandip said...

I need more notes of Jopalishiousness!! And also, as a side note, as you're consuming all of that seafood, please note the effects: http://www.sheddaquarium.org/rightbite.html

HSOJ said...

Sandip, why do you have to be all political on us? Eat first, ask questions later.

Oh man, I guess you are right. But it's tough when calamari is staring you in the face every block.