Sunday, October 7, 2007

Blog blog blog all day long blog blog blog while I sing that song

Here are some pictures of our Bush walk last weekend in the wilderness. Basically we walked around chanting how much we disapprove of gays, stem cell research, and irony.


Do the D.A.N.C.E.


Contemplative Rupal


Does this look like a tree root to you? To me it looks like carnage - notice that this root has a fleshwound. I know, trees don't bleed. But some do.


This is a lizard generally served on Turkish bread with rocket and balsamic reduction


Oh, the hawkesbury. Ain't she just wonderful.


She's my Coney island baby, my Coney island girl


As usual, living the dream. On our way to brunch yesterday a neighbor was having a tag sale, and we bought an entire garden for our patio - I'm bringing the jungle room back (yea). We've got several fairly large trees, a huge rosemary bush, lavender, and a really zen 2 foot tall tree which I've planted on our kitchen table, which I like to look at while doing dishes.

Looks like later this month we are going canyoning... not sure exactly what that is, but it sounds pretty fun:

The beautiful 30 minute rainforest walk leads you to Twister Canyon. After wetsuits are fitted the fun begins. There are 8 jumps and slides before you reach Rocky Creek. From here the canyon is magnificent and deep. It includes much swimming and a great water-slide into a deep pool.In some parts the canyon is very narrow with high rock walls towering above. At the end of the canyon is a trip back up through the magnificent gorge of Rocky Creek.


Coming soon - a photo journal of our neighborhood courtesy my little camera phone. I've got some pretty slick shots of the art galleries and the cafes - I'm still trying to get some of the crackheads, but it's tough to capture that kind of desperation without putting yourself in danger.

No comments: