Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oi, Oi, Oi... vey

Rups and I just walked in from a weekend of extreme athletic nature excursions - somehow combined with an overdose of quality food and chocolate - with our friends Ben & Laura, to whom I'll be sending a medical bill shortly.



I feel well fed, and abused. We didn't take any pictures the first day, but see the photo below which captures "abseiling."



Abseiling is basically walking vertically down the face of a cliff. Don't worry, there was a rope involved. The above photo is one I found from the tours website: http://www.high-n-wild.com.au. We did abseil down this particular cliff, which was 30 meters or so high.

After lunch we suited up and started "canyoning" which involves sliding down rocks into rockpools in a wetsuit. It was mental. Our entire group was laughing uncontrollably the entire time, the water was freezing, and it was my favorite part. Imagine treading through rockpools with 30 foot high cliffs on either side of you and a temperate rainforest canopy overhead.

The canyoning ended at a huge rainfall, which we abseiled down. Once you are 5-10 feet from the pool below you jump backwards into the pool. I landed on my head, and I will probably relive this weekend in PT for years to come. The below picture is someone who definitely has more skills than I do.



I'm not sure why they call this abseiling, but my abs do hurt.

Here are some photos from the next day, when we went for a bushwalk and ate "heaps."




This is the reason why my head hurt last Monday:


And this is a photo of Roy's Radiators. Miss you Roy boy.

No comments: