Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Brief apartment update, and some more visuals

Things are steadily moving along - our apartment is feeling like home little by little - baby steps. For example, on Monday I go to our leasing agent and ask him to have our blinds fixed. The next Monday two lads come by to take measurements. The following Monday our landlord receives an estimate. The next Monday, the blinds get fixed. And so on.

By the time we move out, I assume that all of my initial requests (ie new paint job) will be considered. Life has at least a 2 week lag here. Getting broadband internet in Sydney is a nightmare.

In accordance with the general mandate that everything in Australia be difficult, I had to carry all of these packages across the street and up the stairs with zero help from UPS guy


Our first homecooked meal!



I wanted to do an entire blog entry on why Ikea is the best store on the planet, until I realized that we actually bought these things to store ice.


Storm photo of the day


Laksa soup photo of the day


Rupal crossing ahead


You know repeating paterns sweatshirts are done when knockoffs appear at Paddy markets

No comments: