Friday, June 8, 2007

Minor Update

I'm going to teach Rupal how to update this over the weekend, so expect some fun stuff from her in the next few days.

I'm sitting in the Hotel Altamont borrowing some internet until we get set up with ours. The people here are AWESOME. I just wrote a great review on TripAdvisor, and if you are in town I highly recommend it here. Keep in mind we checked out like 5 days ago, and they chat me up every time I walk in. Great people.

No photos to document our new flat yet, but I'll get on that once we are completely set up. For now, just a list of things we have acquired (from 6 independent sellers, who were extremely nice to us):
  1. washing machine
  2. refrigerator
  3. couch
  4. patio glass table and chairs
  5. bed
  6. 2 bedside tables
  7. 2 large dressers
  8. 4 large plants (I should say trees)
  9. a desk (which we probably will get rid of)
  10. solid oak shelf unit
  11. a tiny tv and a tiny table
  12. a rug
  13. 2 lamps
  14. glasses and bowls
  15. road bike
  16. bad backs
I just sealed the deal on our round kitchen table and chairs - will be delivered in the next few days - which means all we are really missing is a coffee table. If you know anyone... Also the 13 UPS packages I sent, whch are over a week late. They are held up in customs (obviously).

Note - the exchange rate has worsened, which makes spending Rupal's money even easier.

No comments: